Sunday, August 10, 2014

The week of the 4th August

Its been another busy couple of weeks, I didn't get to do a recap last week so this is effectively for two weeks. Between gymbaroo, swimming, mothers group, and trying to catch up with friends, the weeks have just flown by, and the weekends come as a well needed refuge.

We finally signed a contract to have our bathroom and laundry renovated. It starts next week so I'm excited but also nervous about having to work around not having a bathroom with a young baby for three weeks.


I started making lactation cookies again to see if they would help (I blogged about my issues with breastfeeding here if you want to read about it), so have been snacking on heaps of those as well as this yummy five:am yoghurt.


 I also finished my box of chia squeezes, so I decided to make my own and they turned out great! I actually think I like them better than the Mamma Chia ones, which is good because its also cheaper to make my own. I got these reusable pouches from Pouched.


 In major fashion news, I got my Jimmy Choos signed by the man himself! Jimmy Choo was making an appearance at Claremont Quarter for a shoe exhibition they have set up in his honour. I was lucky enough that my mum works for the centre and got to meet him! So lucky ;)


In other fashion news, I bought my first pair of pants in about 5 years. I have refused to wear pants for such a long time as I didn't think they suited my body shape, but I found these at target and really liked the look o them. My mum thought they looked like pajamas, but I don't think so. What do you think about this style of pant? I ended up getting the blue ones, but thinking about getting the black/white as well.


Also fell in love with this skirt from Seed. I haven't bought anything for myself from there before, only baby clothes. 


New shoes! I really wanted a pair of bright pink shoes and these fit the bill perfectly. This was also a nice bonus from work!


Finally got a new one of my favourite candle: Aquiesse Boardwalk. I haven't even had to burn it yet, the smell of the candle alone fills up the room.


Another big thing that's happened is I've officially cancelled my gym membership. I was finding it so hard to go now that I've got a newborn, because I'm already out of the house two nights a week for pilates, and the rest of the week I really wanted to be home with the husband and baby for quality family time. I am now on the Turbo Fire bandwagon, and having done it for about a week so far I can say I'm enjoying it. Its much more practical for me as I can fit in a workout at home when S is asleep rather than having to wait for P to get home to look after her. 


We went to the Perth Baby Expo on Saturday, and made out like bandits with samples. Will probably give quite a few away to my mother friends as I really don't need most of them.


Lastly, on Sunday we went on a huge (1.5 hour) walk down by South Perth. The weather was amazing and it felt great just to get out with the family and enjoy a walk.


 S also turned 4 months on Sunday, so we wanted to get some proper photos of us. We ended up with some great shots, here's my favourite:


Riette
x

No comments:

Post a Comment