Sunday, September 7, 2014

Native Box : August 2014

I had actually received this box first, but have been really unwell this month so didn't ever get around to reviewing it. Better late than never I guess, I'll make sure to do Septembers quicker, it should be here sometime next week yay!
Like GoodnessMe Box, Native box is a monthly subscription box (If you didn't see me latest post on the September GoodnessMe Box, please check it out here).

Native box is a healthy lifestyle and eco friendly box, that provides an assortment of natural personal care, food, lifestyle, household and even cleaning items in sample or full sizes. I love that this box contains more than just food items. This box is $24.95 per month (month to month, can cancel anytime), or discounted in you buy in 3, 6 or 12 month blocks. A bonus with Native Box, is that you earn points for all subscriptions and purchases made, which you can redeem for dollars to spend in their online store. They have items from the boxes available in their store which is really convenient.

Native box have more than one box type available for subscription: Classic box (I have this one), Vegan box (all vegan items), Supersize box (same as classic box but includes only the full size versions of everything) and Beauty box (beauty products only), so there is something for everyone. 

Here is my review of the August 2014 Classic box:

The box comes as is delivered in the post (not inside another box).


First glimpse of the box: There is no tissue paper inside the box, however I assume this is so that the packaging is more eco-friendly which I appreciate.


Like all boxes it comes with an information card, however Native box did not provide price information on the card. I did note that they had the items available in their online store, so where available I used these prices for comparison otherwise I did a search online.


First in the box was a packet of salted Koala Popcorn. I ate this shortly after receiving the box and liked it, however did not feel it was any different to normal salted popcorn. It would be convenient though having it pre-packaged rather than having to do it yourself. This retails for $1.95.


The first beauty product was this Anerah Rejuvenating Mineral Mask. I can't wait to use this, I just keep forgetting! I love the look of this and hope it works nicely on my skin. This is approx 5g of product which is worth about $3.70.


The second beauty item was some Papaya Ointment by Pure by Phytocare. I am a long time user of Lucas Paw Paw Ointment (since Childhood) and it never occurred to me to try anything different, but I love this. It has a different smell and consistency to what I'm used to but its nice, and I like the lip applicator. I now have this in my handbag instead and would repurchase. This was a full size product which retails for $5.95.


Next up we got some Organic Dried Figs by Essentially Natural. Dried figs were something I had actually really wanted to try but never purchased, so I was really happy to have these in the box. Turns out I don't actually like dried figs! But at least I know now and didn't have to go out and buy a full size product just to try them, so I'm a happy camper. This sample size was worth about $2.


Also from Essentially Natural, was a sample pot of their Organic Coconut oil. Again this was something I've been wanting to try so also pretty excited to be given this. I haven't tried it yet so will let you know what I think later on. This was a 25g sample (good size) which would be worth about $3.60.


This is a palm leaf plate set, a cute alternative to plastic plates and cutlery for a party. This was pretty different, and I liked this also. Not sure if I'll have the chance to use it, but would love to get something like this for future birthday parties. I wasn't sure how many were included in the packs online as it didn't state, but I assume each pack included 10, so this would be worth around $1.40.


In addition to the above items, this box included 2 'bonus' items which were not included on the card. My first bonus item, was this blemish control gel by Meditree Organics. Since getting this I have used it every night before bed and am really liking it. I also find the smell of the tea tree really soothing. This was a full size item that retails for $7.95.


The final 'bonus' item was a packet of Wotnot biodegradable wipes. Since having a baby, I'm constantly using wipes and always have them with me in my handbag so extra wipes can never go astray. I love that these are more eco-friendly so will be using these straight away! This was another full size item that retails for $2.95.


In Summary
This was my first subscription box ever, and it was amazing! I couldn't believe my luck at getting quite a few things that I had been wanting to try, as well as other things that I genuinely liked. There's honestly nothing in this box that I wasn't happy to receive. I calculated the value of the box to be around $30 so it was worth the $25 I paid which is great. I have already signed up for the next 3 months (they had a good deal going) and I think my next one has just been dispatched so should have another one to review very soon.

If you would like to sign up, you can receive $5 off your first box! Just use the following link: Get awesome Native box!

Riette
x

1 comment: