Saturday, July 26, 2014

The Week of the 21st July


What a busy week we've had! S started both swimming lessons and Gymbaroo this week, plus we had mothers group on Wednesday and our last mum & bubs yoga class on Thursday. I'm looking forward to the weekend so we can just relax and hang around the home.

Sienna loved both Gymbaroo and Swimming, just as we thought. She thrives in group situations and just smiled all the way through her classes. Although I generally don't like water/swimming, I didn't mind getting in the pool with her because it was nice and heated.

This week has been quite hard on me as I'm not getting much sleep due to S going through combined growth spurt and sleep regression. Our nights normally go like this: Go to bed at 7pm, dream feed at 10pm, wakeup at 1.30am, 4am, 6.30am, 8-8.30am. I can't wait for this stage to pass so I can get 5 hours straight sleep again! As hard as it is, seeing her smile back at me in the morning makes it all worth it.

In between all of S's activities, I had to fit in time to have people over to quote up our bathroom/laundry for renovations, 2 reformer classes, and bake for both mothers group and yoga.

Phew!

S was sick over last weekend, so we had lots of snuggles on the couch near the heater to keep warm in the miserable weather.


I made these awesome chocolate chip cookies for mothers group. Tastes just like the Subway ones I swear.


We received our new bed last week, so needed to get new bed linen. I love this doona cover by Leona Edmiston. 


S and I had matching bathers (swim nappy for her, board shorts for me)


Finished reading this book, it was alright for a Stephen King book. I plan to do a review on this soon.


As it was our last yoga class this week, we arranged to have a morning tea afterwards. I made these strawberry cupcakes which were delicious. I used this recipe but made a strawberry buttercream instead of the whipped cream topping. The buttercream was made with all natural colours as well!


The weather has been pretty miserable this week, and really random. Poor Jessie hasn't been able to have too many walks because of the rain.


We went to check out the show room of one of the bathroom renovators to select tiles. As we won't be in this house long term, we're not too worried about making it our dream bathroom, so just going to go with something neutral, most likely grey and white.

Thinking about this:


Or this:


Next week is going to be just as busy with gymbaroo, swimming, and 2 mothers groups, but at least its keeping S entertained.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Riette
x

No comments:

Post a Comment