Thursday, June 26, 2014

Candle Colletion

I love having a candle lit most of the time when I am home. It just seems to add a bit of extra ambiance to the place and of course they smell beautiful. Last year I started a bad habit of buying new candles every week or so and its taken me ages to actually get to the end of some of them (finished 2 this week!). Here's some of my 'collection':


Glasshouse Candles

 

Of course one of the most popular brands is Glasshouse. They are popular for a reason; great scents, beautiful jars, and long burning power. These are the three I currently have on rotation:


Esperance



Esperance is a very light, sweet fruity scent, and I haven't come across another candle that smells the same. This is the second one I've used it's that good!


Rio De Janeiro



I've almost finished this one and would repurchase. It smells mostly like passion fruit to me which is a delicious scent. I find this one doesn't need to be burnt for a long time as the scent is very strong.

Kyoto



This candle has a lovely floral scent which I couldn't pinpoint off the top of my head, but going by the description it is likely the camellia or lotus flowers. This was a limited edition so I'm glad to have it my collection to enjoy.

Aquiesse

 

Aquiesse candles are my absolute favourite. I was introduced to and purchased these in New York in 2012, and have been using them sparingly as they are quite expensive. The jars are gorgeous and match my home decor nicely. The little one on the left is Shoreline, a fresh ocean scent, and the right is Boardwalk, which is the most delicious vanilla candle I've ever used.


Unfortunately I've just finished the Boardwalk one, so will be asking for a new one for Christmas I think!

Woodwick


I've only purchased one Woodwick candle, although I love many of their scents from what I've smelled in store. I like the fact that the wick is wood and the one I use has burned nicely. I have the Citrus Melon scent which smells like ripe honey dew and rock melon, so it is very fruity and sweet.


What candles would you recommend that I get next? I'm always open to new suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment