Thursday, June 26, 2014

New Handbag!

I recently did a major overhaul of my wardrobe since having S meant that a lot of my old clothes and accessories no longer fit me/suited my new lifestyle. I managed to make a bit of cash and decided to treat myself to a new handbag, since it had been a couple of years since my last one. 

When considering which bag to buy, I looked at what I currently had in my collection to figure out what I was lacking (if you can call it that considering how many bags I have). I really wanted a dark tote style bag for winter that was big enough to fit all of the things I now need to carry around for S, and that would not get damaged by the elements.

The bag I used most this summer was my Louis Vuitton Totally MM in Damier Azur. I found it so practical as it has two pockets on the outside and a secure zipper on the top. I also loved that the checked print matched so well with most of the outfits I wore so I didn't have to switch out bags too often. When I heard that Louis Vuitton had brought out the same bag but in a brown print called Damier Ebene, I was excited as I thought it would be the perfect winter bag. I asked P if he would come with me into the city to visit the store, so a couple of weekends ago we made the trek in. I had a lovely sales assistant helping me and after trying on the bag I knew it was exactly what I was looking for, and just within budget...phew...

Here is my new beauty:







Some close up details:
 

Beautiful red interior:
 

Gold zipper pull:
 

Made in France:
 

Here it is with its sister bag in Azur, which is now packed away until summer rolls around again.
 

I won't be buying any bags for a long time now, but I that's ok as I feel this has filled the last gap in my collection. What bags are you currently eyeing?

No comments:

Post a Comment