Saturday, June 21, 2014

Chanel Summer 2014 Make-up Collection

Just putting out there, I am not a makeup guru. I have a very small amount of makeup as I like to wear the same things day to day (Chanel foundation, mascara, eyeliner, blush and lipstick) and do not tend to buy the limited edition items. I was in David Jones a couple of weeks ago and as I was walking through the beauty section noticed the Chanel Summer 2014 collection and was instantly drawn to the beautiful colours. Here are the official pics from the website:



Even though the colours are beautiful, I am not too brave when it comes to bright colours and gravitate towards more neutral tones, so I didn't go all out on this collection. Instead I purchased the Illusion D'Ombre long wear luminous eyeshadow in 97 New Moon and the Stylo Yeux waterproof eyeliner in 911 Ambre Dore.

I couldn't resist the eyeshadow even though I don't normally wear any, as it was the most beautiful shade and still quite netural. It has a lot of shimmer in it, and the only downside is that I find it doesn't last all day because the glitter gradually falls off, so I will probably keep this for going out at night rather than day wear. It is a combination of many different colours, with a copper undertone, and flecks of purple, gold and brown coming through as well. The eye pencil is a pale copper colour with a metallic finish which complements the eyeshadow perfectly, and really brightens up the eyes.



Here is a swatch of the colours (Eyepencil on top, eyeshadow on the bottom): 


Excude my lack of makeup skills, but here is an example of how I would wear the collection. I used the eyeliner on both my waterline and under the bottom lashes which I found really brightened up the eye area. The mascara I use is the Le Volume de Chanel, which I've been using since it was first released last year, and is the best mascara I've ever used.


 Hopefully we go out soon so I can try out the new look!

No comments:

Post a Comment