Sunday, June 15, 2014

Mudella Every Women's Expo 2014

This Sunday, mum and I headed out to the Mundella Every Women's Expo held at the Perth Convention Centre. The expo is a combination of food, fashion, health & fitness and general lifestyle exhibitors and is a good way to spend a couple of hours on a lazy Sunday. We go to the expo every year, just to have a bit of a walk around and check out what's new. We find they generally have the same things every year, but I had a few cool finds this time which I was pretty excited about. 

A couple of Expo pics:

 We normally try and get as many samples as we can; this year there was turban chopsticks biriyani, protein drinks, honey cake, gourmet cheeses, bodhi's pancakes and gluten free cookies, wine, raw chocolate and many more. 

Here is some spy pics of the raw chocolate samples:


Best sample of the day as always goes to the tub of Mundella yoghurt. As Mundella sponsors the Expo they have a large stand where you can pick a full size single serve yoghurt tub, I chose blueberry as I've had it before and it is my favourite Mundella flavour. 

I bought a couple of treats from Maison Saint Honore (popular macaron store here in Perth). This one was for P, it was salted caramel mousse and caramel fudge. I tasted a tiny bit and it was lovely but quite rich, I wouldn't be able to eat a whole one of these. P ate the whole thing and liked it, but he loves anything with caramel!



I haven't tried this one yet, but it is a blackberry cheesecake mousse tart.


This was the best new find this year, by a place called The Honeycake. It is a cake layered with honey cream, and oh my it is amazing. I bought a piece of this and might have eaten it for lunch (whoops!). This is probably the nicest cake I've had in a long time. Apparently they have a store up at Joondalup now so hopefully they open up south of the river soon. 


One store I know I wanted to visit was the Pana Chocolate raw chocolate exhibit. It is my sisters birthday next week and I know she's into healthy eating and raw foods so I thought this would be an ideal present. This chocolate is great, creamy and very rich so you only need a couple of pieces. My favourite flavour was the coconut & goji flavour so I bought a couple for myself as well. 


The last thing I bought was some jewellery from When Adam met Eve. I generally don't buy things like these on a whim but I couldn't resist once I saw the earring stand. All the earrings are laser cut which looks really cool and is very unique. I ended up choosing the cutest bambi earrings made from cherry wood, and a silver birdsnest necklace with pearls and feather. The girl who makes the jewellery was at the stall and she was lovely, I recommend you check out the Etsy site listed on the card shown below.




Overall we were there for just under 2 hours which was enough time, especially with baby S in tow. I look forward to next year's Expo.

No comments:

Post a Comment