Saturday, June 21, 2014

Fitness routine with baby

Before having S, I had a pretty good fitness routine and was looking forward to getting back into it once she was born. When I was in my late teens, I was very overweight and had worked very hard to lose and maintain my weight so I did not want to take too much time off. I started walking (more for Jessie's sake than anything else) from 2 weeks postpartum, but it wasn't until my post-natal check up at 6 weeks postpartum that I was formally given the all clear to exercise again. Once I had the ok, I re-started up my gym membership and got straight into it.

This is my current exercise plan:

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: BodyStep
Wednesday: Pilates Reformer
Thursday: Yoga
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Pilates Reformer
Sunday: BodyStep 


I also walk Jessie most days for additional cardio. We normally walk for around 40 minutes each time so she can have a good run around and tire herself out!

Luckily I been able to plan the classes for times when P can be home to look after S. I have been doing this regime for about 2 weeks now and it is going well, it had been nice to have a few hours to myself during the week, although S comes with me to Yoga as it is during the day (mum and bubs yoga - I plan to do a post about this during the week).

This is pretty much the same routine that I did prior to becoming pregnant (less the yoga) so I expect that I will be able to continue doing this into the foreseeable future (until I get bored or pregnant again hahaha). Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment