Sunday, June 22, 2014

iHerb reviews

Last week I received my first iHerb order which I blogged about here: http://fromheelstobooties.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/iherb-haul.html

I've had a chance to try quite a few of the things already so thought I'd do a review post in case anyone was thinking about trying any of the items. I'll give everything a rating out of 5 as well.

Bare Fruits Dried Granny Smith Apples

Although these had a weird smell when first opening the packet, these tasted great. not too sweet with tangy bite to them and were still crunchy. P liked these as well. The price is a bit steep at $2.92 per packet, so I would only buy them occasionally, but I think I will try making these in the oven as its just dried apple. I'll let you know how it goes when I get around to it...

Rating: 5!

Food Should Taste Good All Natural Jalapeno Tortilla Chips

 These were disappointing. They didn't have much flavour to them and could have done with a bit more salt. The jalapeno flavour did not come through too much either, although after eating a few I could start to feel the heat. I wouldn't repurchase these.

Rating: 1 :(


Made in Nature Dried Pineapple

I quite liked this one,  however it is very sweet so can't eat too much at a time (not necessarily a bad thing). All the pieces were stuck together in the bag which is due to the dried fruit still being quite moist/sticky. I think I have in fact have a slight allergy to pineapple as my hands started to itch when I was eating it, this started happening when I ate pineapple during pregnancy so I may give these a miss next time.

Rating: 3

 

Made in Nature Dried Mangoes

 This was one of my favourite purchases. Dried mango is very expensive to buy here in Perth (the one I like is $99 per kilo) so I seldom buy it, but this is a great alternative at only $5.44 per bag (equivalent to $64 per kilo). Due to the differences in mangoes, some pieces were sweet and some more tangy but I liked that about it. I will definitely repurchase this.

Rating 5!

 

 

ChocoLite French Vanilla Protein Powder

This is again another item which I loved. I had been needing a new protein powder for my smoothies and thought i'd try this one as it was only a small bag. The french vanilla flavour is lovely and tastes just like a good milkshake. I have it in a smoothie with 1 frozen banana, a handful of frozen raspberries and milk blended until smooth. I would like to try the chocolate flavour as well, and maybe the peanut butter flavour. The only downside is the price at $16.60 per bag which only has 11 serves in it. 

Rating: 4 (due to price)


Summersaults Sunflower Seed Snacks

These I didn't particularly like. They had a funny aftertaste that I couldn't pinpoint but it may have been the sunflower seeds, although I've had seeds before with no issues. They were slightly salty as expected which was fine and a good size serving for a snack, however I will not be buying these again.

Rating: 2

 

Woodstock Farms Organic Dark Chocolate Almonds

I forgot to take a picture of these, but these are AMAZING! The dark chocolate was the perfect combination of bitterness and sweetness, and I only needed about 4 at a time to satisfy my chocolate craving. I will be repurchasing these next time for sure.

Rating: 5


Overall I was really pleased with the order and will be repurchasing a number of items in my next order. The things I didn't like was more due to my personal taste rather than the actual items themselves. I've already got my cart full ready to checkout next time, but I'm going to wait until July to place my next order.



No comments:

Post a Comment